- Supreme court nominee Brett Kavanaugh told the Senate Judiciary Committee that he did not know about the accusations against him made by classmate Deborah Ramirez until the New Yorker broke the story. Now, a former classmate Kavanaugh and Ramirez has come forward showing text messages that suggest Kavanaugh’s team was trying to preemptively defend themselves against that story that would break. Not only does this suggest Kavanaugh remembered the incident, but it also suggests he perjured himself.
- Kavanaugh was questioned by police after a bar fight in 1985.
- Trump gets a big campaign promise after signing a new trade agreement to replace NAFTA. This agreement between the U.S., Mexico, and Canada limits tariffs on cars and dairy products.
- The U.S. is condemning China for allowing a warship of theirs to sale within 45 yards of a U.S. warship in the South China Sea. China has protested the US presence in the sea, stating that the U.S. is meddling in a purely Aisain conflict.
- Patrick Mahomes sets up a major comeback to keep his team perfect. Check out the left-handed play that made it all happen: https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/01/patrick-mahomes-left-handed-pass-first-down-chiefs
- Harvard is canceling the course Kavanaugh was supposed to teach in the 2019 term called “The Supreme Court since 2005.”
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team read all the top stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and write headlines on what you need to know.