- Christopher Watts – the man charged with killing his pregnant wife and two young daughters – says he did it all because his wife was strangling the kids. Watts made national headlines when we told reporters that his whole family was missing. When the bodies turned up after several days of being submerged in crude oil near Watts’ work, Watts confessed and may face the death penalty.
- UNC students topple a Confederate statue on campus.
- 58 people were shot in Chicago this weekend.
- Trump says social media platforms are discriminating against conservative content.
- Apple insiders leak a prospective Apple Car coming in 2023-25.
- The Pope has apologized to the victims of sexual assault after a new release of documents suggests the church hid abuse for years and over 300 priests assaulted over 1000 kids. The Pope issued a 2,000-word apology in an unprecedented move by the Vatican.
- 26 people were arrested around the suspicion that they stole 650 Tang Dynasty relics in China and tried to sell them for over $11 million.
- The fiancé of Aaron Hernandez – the former star Patriot player who killed himself in jail after being charged with murder – says she would have stood by him had the rumors of him being gay been true.
- This Is America by Childish Gambino wins best video with a message at the VMAs tonight. Check out the other award winners: https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/mtv-vma-awards-2018-08-20-live-updates/
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team read all the top stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and write headlines on what you need to know.